- Long-handled Hog Bristle Brush for use with Oil Paint and Acrylics
- Unlike most hog brushes, Shiro brushes are not boiled to straighten the hairs; this makes them extra durable
- Long, tapered handle for ease of use during all-day painting sessions
- Sufficiently springy and tough to use with oils or heavy-body acrylic colours
- Available in a range of shapes: mottler, filbert (cats-tongue), bright or round
While lower cost bristle brushes are boiled to straighten hairs and then bleached to uniform the colour, Shiro brushes do not undergo boiling and have only minimal bleaching in order to prolong the lifespan of the brush and maintain the strength of the hair. This also means that they retain natural curve and cuticle, which is essential for achieving the very best shape and spring. As with all natural materials, care must be taken to ensure brush life is optimised, so please remember to always wash brushes in lukewarm water and to store with the brush head away from other surfaces in an airy and shaded environment.
No.2 Round Jacksons SHIRO Professional Hog Bristle Hair Brush B005WUA7RY